APA Continuing Education Criteria
Day 1 - Coaching Skills and Development
- Describe coverage of ethical and legal issues
- Explain how to create teleconference coaching groups
- Demonstrate fundamental coaching skills and the GOOD Coaching Model
- Differentiate coaching and therapy
Day 2 - Executive Coaching
- Create an executive coaching agenda
- Demonstrate constructive feedback to clients
- Identify three methods to coach executives on leadership skills
- Explain knowledge requirements for executive coaching
Day 3 - Emotional Intelligence
- Identify key concepts of emotional intelligence
- Describe how emotional intelligence affects leadership and how to coach the key skills of emotional intelligence
- Describe a model of emotional intelligence programs
- Utilize the Emotional Intelligence Competency Model in a practice session.
Day 4 - How to Use Assessments in Coaching
- Describe how to use four assessment tools in coaching: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Step II Form Q, Spectrum CPI-260 Coaching Report, Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI), Auerbach Coaching Questionnaire
- Learn how to communicate assessment results
- Demonstrate how to interpret your own results for three assessments
- Explain the ethical use of assessment tools
- Learn how to identify "blindspots" and recognize strengths
Day 5 - Appreciative Inquiry and Coaching
- Learn how to develop appreciative inquiries focused on client's strengths
- Learn how to assist clients to design steps to achieve dreams
- Explain the five principles of appreciative inquiry
- Demonstrate coaching and interviewing strategies
Day 6 - Coaching Competency and Feedback Seminar
- Provide a critique of desired coaching skills/improvements
- Receive extensive feedback on coaching competency after faculty and other students observe a practice one-on-one coaching session with you as the coach
- Identify your coaching strengths.
Introductory and Intermediate
The six day training schedule hours are day one through five are 8:45 AM - 4:30 PM, day six is 8:30 AM - 5:15 PM.
August 14-19, 2017
Santa Barbara, CA
October 18-23, 2017
November 5-10, 2017
Santa Barbara, CA
December 7-12, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
January 23-28, 2018
St. Petersburg, FL
$3,490 is our early registration fee for our Six-Day In-Person Program when participants register 60 days prior to the start day of the program. The regular registration cost is $3,590 when participants register less than 60 days prior to the program start date.
Refunds, Changes, and Cancellations
There is a $100 processing fee for change or refund requests made prior to two weeks before the event. Please note that once you take an assessment the refund policy changes. After you have taken an assessment, the refund policy states that refunds are allowed up to 14 days before the workshop, less a $200 fee. If a course must be cancelled due to a natural disaster, crisis or instructor illness, the seminar will be rescheduled. Within 14 days of the start date there are no other refunds or changes.
*CV (Curriculum Vitae) are available upon request.
Jeffrey E. Auerbach, Ph.D., MCC — Founder and President of College of Executive Coaching. He designs and delivers executive coaching programs, wellness coaching programs, internal coaching programs to build a coaching culture, and emotionally intelligent leadership programs globally.
Reldan Nadler, Psy.D., MCC — a psychologist, an ICF Master Certified Coach, author and trainer. He is a principal in True North Leadership, Inc., an executive development and team development consulting firm based in Santa Barbara.
Andrea Molgerg, Ph.D., BCC — an executive coach and consulting psychologist whose individual clients include CEOs, physicians, police chiefs, attorneys, HR directors, entrepreneurs, managers, high potentials, and problem employees.
Lynn K. Jones, DSW, PCC, BCC — an International Coach Federation Professional Certified Coach, certified social work manager, consultant and trainer based in Santa Barbara.
Credits offered for each activity:
- Day 1: Coaching Skills and Development (6 CE's)
- Day 2: Executive Coaching (6 CE's)
- Day 3: Emotional Intelligence (6 CE's)
- Day 4: How to Use Assessments in Coaching (12 CE's)
- Day 5: Appreciative Inquiry and Coaching (6 CE's)
- Day 6: Coaching and Competency Feedback Seminar (8 CE's)
All Six-Day In-person workshops offer CE hours.
College of Executive Coaching and Faculty have no conflict of interest or commercial support.
Sponsors must assure that when referring to APA approval, the correct statement is used in all promotional materials such as ads, brochures, and announcements. When referring to APA approval, the following statement must be used: "College of Executive Coaching is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. College of Executive Coaching maintains responsibility for this program and its content."